All RMJT updates regarding COVID-19, tournaments, schedules, cancellations and reschedules will be posted here, as well as communicated via e-mail when necessary.
**March 18, 2020 Update**
As each new day begins, we are doing our best to keep up with our different cities/markets and following to our best abilities what the local and state governments (along with the CDC and WHO) recommend/require of local businesses. What a crazy time! We hope everyone is hanging in and staying smart and safe.
A couple points of note:
- The NM vs CO Shootout at Sandia has been rescheduled for April 25-26. Players will be notified ASAP and given the option for a full refund if they are not able to attend the new date
- The Mile High Open at Arrowhead has been postponed indefinitely. We hope to find a date in the summer that works for Arrowhead GC to reschedule, but due to the uncertainty, that is up in the air right now.
- In April, there are 3 events in the Washington area currently on the RMJT schedule. Those events will proceed as planned, and those golf courses remain open and committed to CDC/WHO safety precautions. In his recent address, WA Gov. Jay Inslee outlined the state’s requirements for various businesses and activities, and golf courses/tournaments were included in the list of events/businesses that were allowed to stay open, as long as they followed the recommended CDC Health guidelines. We intended to follow those guidelines laid out by Gov. Inslee and look forward to having those great events.
In the vain of installing extra safety precautions at our events, the RMJT will implement the following changes at our events through the end of May:
- Handshakes, close contact and gathering between players and RMJT staff will be forbidden before or after the round. Hand sanitizer will be available at check in, the first tee and scoring.
- When possible, check-in and scoring will be moved outside to promote social distancing, and the scoring area will be expanded and adjusted to promote the same practice. We will also be eliminating scoreboards and move to online scoring only.
- For April events, tee gifts and membership boxes will cease to be given out in an attempt to minimize contact. Membership gifts will be mailed out starting May 1 if we are forced to continue this policy for May tournaments.
- The use of caddies for 11-14 and 15-19 divisions will be temporarily suspended.
- All players will be e-mailed the Notice to Players before each round instead of given a paper copy, and will be allowed to access the Notice via their phones during the play.
- Pending approval from the NJGS, AJGA and USGA, players will be asked to leave the pin in on the green at all time in an effort to limit the spread of germs.
- Spectator carts will not permitted, and we encourage the minimum amount of spectators as possible. The current RMJT Spectator Policy, which promotes social distancing, will be strongly and swiftly enforced.
**March 16, 2020 Update**
Due to the increasing uncertainly regarding COVD-19, and especially the implications of the virus spreading via travel, we have decided to postpone the Sandia Shootout on March 21-22 and Mile High Open on April 4-5, and are working with the golf courses to reschedule. Players already registered for that event will be notified via e-mail of the postponement and all their options regarding the reschedule date, refunds, etc.
We will continue to operate the remainder of our spring schedule as planned at the moment, but we will be monitoring closely the situation, both nationally and locally in our different sub-markets. We will do our best to provide updates on events as early as we can, but we will ultimately make the best decision necessary for the safety of our players, parents and staffers when it comes to hosting an event, even if the decision is made at the 11th hour.
In concordance with the uncertainly of our schedule, the RMJT has altered our refund policy for events through April 30. Any player wishing to withdraw from an event scheduled between March 16, 2020 and April 30, 2020 may do so one time without penalty if COVID-19 concerns arise, at any time leading up to the day before the event. The new “Refund Deadline” for March/April tournaments is 7AM the Friday before the event.
**March 13, 2020 Update**
The Rocky Mountain Junior Tour is closely monitoring all available information related to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as local government instructions and recommendations in areas where our tournaments are held. Our main priority is the safety of our players, spectators, staff members and partner organizations and golf courses.
At this time, we plan on continuing our spring and summer schedules as posted, but we are also constantly re-evaluating all scenarios and situations, and will not hesitate to make any changes, postponements or cancellations if deemed necessary, even at the last minute.
We will be increasing our safety protocols at tournaments, and we encourage you to practice good hygiene with frequent and rigorous hand washing. We are asking any players who are sick to stay home. The RMJT cancellation policy will be modified through May 1, 2020 to accommodate these concerns. We will continue to evaluate our schedule and events over the coming weeks/months, and provide ample communication when necessary. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf the RMJT staff, thank you for your patience. We look forward to seeing you on the course!
Rocky Mountain Jr. Tour